Saturday, March 15, 2008

*Top 5 Coolest Male Film Roles of All-Time*

Winner: Aaron Wedemeyer

5. (Tie) Nicolas Cage & John Travolta – Face/Off
-It’s not fair really. They both get to play not one but two cool guys.

4. Matthew McConaughey – Dazed and Confused
-You want cool? How much cooler can you get than a 20-something burnout scoping freshmen girls. And that moustache? Game over.

3. Peter Weller – RoboCop
-He’s half robot for crying out loud!

2. Pat Morita – Karate Kid - Mr. Miyagi.
-He makes bonsai trees, fishes, works as the maintenance man for an apartment complex that looks like a Motel 6, and with the help of quick cut editing, can kick some serious ass.

1. Hilary Swank – Boy’s Don’t Cry
-I’m still not convinced she’s not a dude.
__________________________________________________
I was having trouble choosing a list, so I decided to make it easier on myself and pick the one with the single coolest character in its roster. Mr. Miyagi was the obvious choice here, as I think you'll all agree. To this day when I find I'm in a situation I can't handle on my own, (in a karate tournament fighting to regain my honor from preppy thugs, for instance) I stop and ask myself,
"What would Miyagi do?"
Crane kick to the face, that's what.
TO WEED:
You almost lost for putting him in the number two spot. Shame on you. RoboCop was a nice addition. The Hilary Swank comment was hilarious.
TO EVERYONE:
Thanks for posting your lists -- I enjoyed reading them. New category coming soon!
-Ryan

2 comments:

Summer Weed said...

wow, i'm shocked and overwhelmed. really. i humbly accept this first Gibbsy award, but not without a little embarrassment and guilt. my list was sort of a joke, masking my movie-literacy insecurities. and i know many of you put a lot of time and thought into your picks (barclay did some painstaking research). i haven't even heard of most of katie and holly's picks. and everybody else's were so good. i feel like Cher the year she won best actress over glen close, holly hunter, and meryl streep. goes to show you, the world is enamored with pop divas. i am a pop diva. thank you.

Anonymous said...

Well done Weed.

Breaking the rules apparently does pay off.

no, I'm not bitter.

Sike!